Los Angeles World Airports’ (LAWA) Roadways, Utilities and Enabling Projects (RUE) is a five-year design-build project that will provide for the next phase of enabling projects for the Landside Access Modernization Program (LAMP) at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX). In total, this contract includes 16 critical projects that continue the foundation for the current transformations, including: an Automated People Mover (APM) system, Consolidated Rent-A-Car (ConRAC) facility and Intermodal Transportation Facilities (ITF).
Some highlights of this contract include:
- 98th Street extension: extend the roadway from Bellanca Avenue to the 405 Freeway
- 405 Freeway southbound on- and off- ramp improvements
- Wayfinding signage, which is critical for assisting travelers navigate the new LAX landscape
- This project requires at least 30% of the construction workforce to be local residents.
- Additionally there is a focus on community enhancement via hiring local and disadvantaged workers.
Los Angeles World Airports
- Quality Assurance
- Project Inspection
- Construction Coordination and Logistics Management
- Scheduling Area and Utility Shutdowns
- Safety Inspections