Partner with a leader in lean construction management to improve project sustainability.
KDG embraces a lean management approach, with a culture emphasizing collaboration, reliability of scheduling and delivery of the most value—from the client’s perspective—while consuming the fewest resources. Beginning with pre-construction and continuing nonstop throughout all phases of a project, lean principles drive the efficient delivery of our services.
Some fundamental principles of Lean are:
- Define value from the customer’s perspective
- Understand the value stream of all steps in the process used to create the end product
- Reduce waste
- Ensure a smooth flow of value-added activities
- Prefabricate and modularize building systems
- Utilize collaborative pull scheduling to provide internal and external customer what they want, when they re-quest it
- Seek perfection by committing to continual improvement in all areas of the process
Lean culture emphasizes re-imagining and eliminating waste in all forms and creating predictable, reliable workflows.
We have experienced improvements in design team and trade contractor relationships, communication, scope definition, coordination, cost and schedule performance on projects that develop and maintain a Lean culture of continuous improvement.
KDG implements Lean thinking to establish a clear definition of the owner’s needs, including scope and hand-off criteria for all trade specialists, and rigorous management of hand-offs between trade specialists. Based on a Master Schedule with key milestones, stakeholders develop the specific plan for each phase in a collaborative scheduling workshop. The object is to keep the team working on well-defined deliverables at a reliable and predictable pace and to eliminate re-work and waiting.